Monday, August 24, 2009

Bursting through a different kind of block


I don't have writer's block, exactly, but I'm finding myself doing much more planning that actually writing lately. I know I have this 500 word a day quota, but maybe I should have minimum 1000 words, minimum 500 of it is actually writing story. I suppose it wouldn't be bad if I wrote part of another story if nothing comes to the front with this one. It would be better than nothing, and it would force me to start actually writing more, not just writing, but writing writing if that makes any sense. I've felt for awhile that there's a really great story here, waiting underneath. The problem is that I don't even always know that it's there. Perhaps I've become too bogged down with planning and procedure to know that it's there.

For some unknown reason, I have a very strong urge to go watch "Good Will Hunting" right fucking now. I think I will.

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment