Saturday, August 8, 2009

Feeling Better about this day to day


I am feeling better about this whole writing thing day to day. Is persistence and a sick mind all it really takes? That's kinda what it seems like. I know this will sound cheesy to say, but I almost feel like this writing thing is what I was supposed to do all along. Not that I wasn't supposed to do all that other shit, but this is what I'm really supposed to do.

I would be amiss if I didn't give a little shout out and R.I.P. to John Hughes. At the time they were coming out, noone else really captured what it felt like to be a teenager in the '80s. I can't speak for anyone else, but it kinda sucked. Most of the music coming out was fucking atrocious, the world around us seemed like it was going downhill and we had nothing to look forward to. But John Hughes movies had a way of making us forget how much everything sucked for awhile. When watching them, we were able to just have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment